Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"I want to go to there" - Liz Lemon

Earlier this year, thanks to Pret a Voyager , I discovered a series of EF Language School videos entitled "Live the Language". They were great videos to find given that I was preparing to study abroad myself (albeit in a country that speaks my native tongue...sort of), and I fell in love with the Paris version.

EF - Live The Language - Paris from Albin Holmqvist on Vimeo.


Naturally, I started thinking that I should probably study in Paris rather than Melbourne, but given that my grad school offer was accepted and my ticket was purchased, I reminded myself that Australia has its redeeming qualities too, even if there wasn't a lovely little video showing me what they were...but now there is! Anne made my day yet again today by posting this:


EF - Live The Language - Sydney from Gustav Johansson on Vimeo.


Okay, it's true that I live in Melbourne and my life looks nothing like this at the moment. I have yet to set bare foot on a beach and my time is generally spent on a computer writing papers and marketing plans. I think it's funny that when I pictured my life in Australia, it never involved actually doing school work. Luckily summer break is coming (4 assignments/3.5 weeks!) and with any luck I'll be experiencing Australia like the girls in this video are. 


P.S. For my Canadian friends who won't be moving overseas any time soon but who want to feel really good about being British Columbian, check out this one:

EF - Live The Language - Vancouver from Albin Holmqvist on Vimeo.

No comments: