Thursday, September 22, 2011

Forgive me, I'm boring.

First of all, thank you thank you thank you for your lovely messages about my blog. It feels great to be writing publicly again (because I find that when I write something that I know only I will read, I don't try very hard to write well, and then I can barely stand to go back and read it. Journals and diaries are over for me). I appreciate your requests to write more often and to post more pictures, and I will do soon, but for now...I'm way too boring to blog any more often than I have been. If I were to post more pictures, they would look something like this:


...only dressed way more scrubby, in jeans that I've worn about three times too many because 1) I didn't bring enough clothes to Australia and can't afford to buy more, and 2) we (like many Australians) don't have a dryer, so doing laundry is kind of a pain.

The truth of the matter is, my days pretty much all look the same right now, which is to say: get up, get dressed, walk to Two on Rathdowne, the cafe where I am known and expected on a daily basis. Work on schoolwork or work work for several hours (with frequent Facebook breaks, unless I'm on one of my Facebook fasts, which usually last about one eighth as long as they're supposed to), go home, eat, and work some more. Eventually crawl into bed much earlier than I should because I have been staring at a computer screen for 14 hours and my eyes just need a tiny break. Fall asleep listening to podcasts from the This American Life archive.

I've bored you already, right? Which is why my blogs have been and will continue to be sparse. But only for the next couple of weeks. And then? Summer holidays. Adventure!   Until then, bear with me...

No comments: